Extending your "Period of Stay"
- It is your responsibility to always keep your “resident card” with you, and also to check your “Period of Stay”.
- If you need to extend your “Period of Stay”, you must go to the immigration office for the extension of your visa. You can apply starting 3 months prior to your visa’s expiration date.
Necessary preparation / documents for those whose “Status of Residence” is “Professor”
- Application for the extension of period of stay
- Certificate of employment issued by TUFS
- Document to prove your annual income, or the receipt of your resident tax
- Certificate of Alien Registration or Resident card
- 4000JPY for handling charge
Certificate of payment of fee
* You may be requested to bring other documents if necessary.
- Picture of yourself
Place to apply
3-31-2 Kita, Kunitachi-city, Tokyo 186-0001 立川法務総合庁舎 （Tachikawa-Houmu-Sogo-Chosya Building）
Opening hours: 9:00-16:00 Mon-Fri (Closed on Sat, Sun and National Holidays)
Immigration Office of Tokyo
5-5-30 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8255
Opening Hours: 9:00-16:00 Mon-Fri (Closed on Sat, Sun and National Holidays)