||1986 joined the Institute of Developing Studies
1992-1994 Research in Republic of the Congo and Gabon
2005-2009 Director, African Studies Group, Area Studies Center, IDE-JETRO
2009-2012 Senior Research Fellow at JICA Research Institute
2012-2014 Director, African Studies Group, Area Studies Center, IDE-JETRO
2014-2015 Deputy Director-General, Area Studies Center, IDE-JETRO
2015-2017 Director-General, Area Studies Center, IDE-JETRO
April 2017 Director, African Studies Center-TUFS
Chief Senior Researcher, Inter-disciplinary Studies Center, IDE-JETRO
"Introduction: land and property problems in peacebuilding" (pp.1-28).
"Land tenure security in post-conflict Rwanda" (pp. 86-108).
(with Jean Marara)
"Dealing with land problems in post-conflict Burundi" (pp.109-131).
(with Sylvestre Ndayirukiye)
"Conclusion: confronting land and property problems for peace"
(pp.242-266). (with Mari Katayanagi and Ryutaro Murotani)
- "The Evolution of Land Policy in African State Building", In State Building and Development, eds. Keijiro Otsuka and Takashi Shiraishi, London: Routledge, 2014, pp.95-113.
- "'Twin Countries' with Contrasting Institutions: Post-Conflict State-Building in Rwanda and Burundi", In Preventing Violent Conflict in Africa: Inequalities, Perceptions and Institutions, eds. Yoichi Mine, Frances Stewart, Sakiko Fukuda-Parr and Thandika Mkandawire, London: Palgrave-Macmillan, 2013, pp. 40-65.
- "Gacaca and DDR: The Disputable Record of State-Building in Rwanda" Working Paper No.32, 2011, JICA Research Institute.
- "Capacity Traps and Legitimacy Traps: Development Assistance and State Building in Fragile Situations," (Co-authored with Ryutaro Murotani and Keiichi Tsunekawa) Homi Kharas, Koji Makino & Woojin Jung eds. Catalyzing Development: A New Vision for Aid, Washington D.C.: Brookings Institution Press, 2011, pp.127-154.
- "Conflict and Land Tenure in Rwanda" Working Paper No.1, September 2009, JICA Research Institute. (Co-authored with Jean Marara)
- "Political Liberalization or Armed Conflicts? Political Changes in Post-Cold War Africa," The Developing Economies, 45(2): 172-193, 2007.
- "Regional Differences Regarding Land Tenancy in Rural Rwanda, With Special Reference to Sharecropping in a Coffee Production Area," African Study Monographs, Supplementary Issue 35, 2007, pp. 111-138. （Co-authored with Jean Marara）
- "Genocide in Rwanda: The Origins and the Perpetrators," Comparative Genocide Studies, Vol.2 (2005/2006), pp.18-31.
- "'Otherness' and Methods of 'Extermination' in Rwandan Genocide," in Obiya, Chika & Hidemitsu Kuroki eds. Political Violence and Human Security in the Post-9.11 World, Osaka: The Japan Center for Area Studies, National Museum of Ethnology, 2006, pp.81-99.
- "Returnees in Their Homelands: Land Problems in Rwanda after the Civil War" in Ohta, Itaru and Yntiso D. Gebre eds., Displacement Risks in Africa: Refugees, Resettlers and Their Host Population, Kyoto: Kyoto University Press, 2005, pp.162-191. (Co-authored with Jean Marara)
- "Problématique foncière et rapatriement des réfugiés au Rwanda après 1994," Bulletin de l'Institut Rwandais de Recherche Scientifique et Technologique, No.3, 2004, pp. 115-150. (Co-authored with Jean Marara)
- "Understanding Conflict in Africa: Reflections on Its Recent Characteristics," in Kurimoto, Eisei ed. Rewriting Africa: Toward Renaissance or Collapse, Osaka: The Japan Center for Area Studies, National Museum of Ethnology, 2001, pp.27-42.
- "Hutu and Tsuti: A Note on Group Formation in Pre-colonial Rwanda," in Goyvaerts, Didier ed., Conflict and Ethnicity in Central Africa, ILCAA, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, 2000, pp.177-208.
- "Rationality in Equality: Rural Development and Social Response in Congo (Brazzaville)," in Institute of Developing Economies, African Rural Development Reconsidered, International Workshop Proceedings No.2, 2000, pp.45-68.
- "Agriculture and Peasants in Rwanda: A Preliminary Report," (Co-authored with Jean Marara), Joint Research Series No.127, Institute of Developing Economies, 2000.