Academic Research Papers and Publications
- Teshome Emana 2019. "Using Indigenous Cultural Framework of an African Society to Explain Modern Governance". A paper presented on the Symposium on African Potential at the Centre of African Studies in Kyoto University.
- Teshome Emana 2017. "The Political economy of Land In a Rural-Urban Interface in Ethiopia". A paper presented at the 60th Annual Conference of the African Studies Association at Chicago.
- Teshome Emana 2015. "Book Review: Addis Ababa: the Evolution of an Urban African Cultural Landscape". Ethiopian Journal of the Social Sciences and Humanities 11(2): 143-148.
- Teshome Emana 2015. "The Transforming Power of urbanization: Changes and Uncertainties among the Farming Community in Laga Xafo- Laga Dadhi Town, Ethiopia". Ethiopian Journal of the Social Sciences and Humanities 11(1): 153-167.
- Teshome Emana 2015. "Urban Land Transaction, Actors Conflicts, and some approaches to Resolution". A paper presented on the 5th International Conference on African Forum: Local Knowledge as African Potential at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Teshome Emana 2001. "Gender Differences in Mathematics Achievement in Primary Schools of Addis Ababa". A Research made by the support of OSSREA for the 12th Gender Issues Research competition.
Research in Progress
- Teshome Emana. Water Infrastructure for Schstosomiasis Endemic Regions. Funded by the UK Engineering and Physical Science Research Council three years project, May 2017- April 2020).
- Teshome Emana. Rural Youth Migration Practices in an Off-farm hotspot area in Ethiopia.
- Teshome Emana and colleagues. Challenges and Opportunities for Rural Youth Employment in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Mixed Methods Study to inform Policy and programmes. Financed by IFAD and to be completed in April 2019).
Works done for World Bank and other international organizations
- "Ethiopian Industrial Development Strategy." Document translation Commissioned by Industry Development Projects of Ethiopia, May 2014.
- "Country Partnership Strategy Document." Document translation commissioned by the World Bank, May to June 2013.
- "Training Manual for Water Utilites in Ethiopia." Document translation commissioned by the World Bank, December 2012.
- "Strategy for Ensuring Equitable Development through accelerated and Sustainable Development in Emerging Regions of Ethiopia." Document translation commissioned by the World Bank, September 2012.
- "Concept Paper for Ethiopian Five Year Strategic Plan." Document translation Commissioned by The World Bank, Ethiopia ,2009.
- "Rural Water Supply Evaluation in Ethiopia." Commissioned by WABEKBON Development Consultants and the Ministry of Water Resources, Irrigation and Energy, August to September 2015.
- "Assistant researcher for evaluating the programme on Harnessing Diversity for Sustainable Development and Social Change." A joint project funded by UNESCO and UNDP (Recruited by Dr. Beyene Tadesse, economic and social policy consultant), December 2012.
- "Basic Education System Overall Evaluation in Ethiopia" Recruited by USAID Ethiopia for data collection and research report writing, 2007.
- "General Education Quality improvement Programme Evaluation." Recruited by USAID Ethiopia for data collection and report writing, 2009.
- "Faith -Based Organizations and their Roles in HIV/AIDS Prevention and Development Activities." Commissioned by EIFFDA and WIBD Consult, 2004.