Fieldnet Workshop History based on Geographic Information: Adaptation of GIS for History of Islam
Date / Time / Place
Date/Time：Thu 21 Mar 2019 13:30‐17:00
Place： ILCAA Multimedia Conference Room(304), 3F, ILCAA(Asahicho3-11-1, Fuchu-shi, Tokyo,183-8534)
- 13:30 - 13:50 Wakako KUMAKURA (ILCAA) Introduction “Current situation of Historical GIS: Studies, Tools, and Problems”
- 13:50 - 14:10 Hiroshi KATO (Hitotsubashi University) “On the Topography as a Given Condition for the Local Development: in Case of Fayyum Province in Egypt”
- 14:10 - 14:30 Kazuhiro ARAI (ILCAA Joint Researcher, Keio University) “Regional division within the historical Hadramawt: a study with the use of Google Earth”
- 14:50 - 15:10 Takenori YOSHIMURA (Daito Bunka University) “Relations between the Expansion of Historic Cairo and the Development of Urban Water Facility: A Comparative Analysis of Geographic Informations and Historical Descriptions”
- 15:10 - 15:30 Nobuo MISAWA (Toyo University) “Modern Japanese Advances to the Islamic World: Toward the Utilization of GIS Studies with the Various Source Materials”
- 15:40 - 16:20 Comment Manabu KAMEYA (Hirosaki University), Yutaka GOTO (Yokohama City University)
- 16:20 - 17:00 Discussion
Pre-registration is required.
＊Please see the link here (in Japanese).
ILCAA Field Science Center (FSC)
For the latest information, please refer to the following link.