||Mabutho Generous Shangase
||Visiting Professor, African Studies Centre-TUFS. Department of Political Sciences, University of Pretoria
||state autonomy, public policy formulation, regional integration, the Southern African Development Community (SADC), Research Methodology, African Political Economy
||1993-1996 University of the Witwatersrand
2002-2008 University of the Witwatersrand (Master of Arts)
2003-2005 Aston University (Master of Business Administration)
2012-2018 University of Edinburgh (PhD)
||PhD (African Studies): University of Edinburgh (2018)
||1998-1999 National Department of Health
1999-2005 National Youth Commission
2005-2012 Independent Development Trust
- "Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) and the Limits of Problem-Solving Public Policy", Conference; 1994-2014: 20 Years of South African Democracy St Antony's College, African Studies Centre (ASC), University of Oxford, 25th/26th April 2014.
- "Examining the effectiveness of BEE implementation: Case study of Eskom restructuring: 1995-2005", Publication: "BEE in the Know, Practical Insights for Everyday BEE" 26 October 2011, http://www.iquadvs.co.za/news.php
- A New Chapter Beckons: South Africa at the Crossroads (Occasional Paper, Institute for Global Dialogue, 2017).
- Fidel Castro Lives on in the Revolutionary Imagination (Blog Article, Institute for Global Dialogue, 2016).
- CHOGM 2018, Brexit and the Imperial (Re)Turn (Blog Article, Institute for Global Dialogue, 2018).
- South Africa's Chairship of SADC: Halfway into Ticking Boxes? (Blog Article, Institute for Global Dialogue, 2018).
- Land Expropriation in South Africa: Implications for SADC (Occasional Paper, Institute for Global Dialogue, 2018 forthcoming).
- Revisiting the SADC Tribunal: Institutional Integrity and Whims of Men (Occasional Paper, Institute for Global Dialogue, 2018 forthcoming).