Refereed Journal Publications
- Hampwaye, G. and S. Jeppesen 2014. "The role of state- business relations in the performance of Zambia's food processing sub-sector". Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series 26(26): 83-92.
- Hampwaye, G. 2013. "Benefits of Urban Agriculture: Reality or illusion (Editorial)". Geoforum 49: R7-R8.
- Kragelund, P. and G. Hampwaye 2012. "Seeking Markets and Resources: State-driven Chinese and Indian Investments in Zambia". International Journal of Technology and Globalisation 6(4): 352-368.
- Carmody, P., G. Hampwaye, G., and E.N. Sakala 2012. "Globalisation and the Rise of the State? Geogovernance in Zambia". New Political Economy 17(2): 209-229.
- Hampwaye, G. and C.M. Rogerson 2011. "Local Economic Responses in Zambia: The Case of Kitwe". Urban Forum 40(40): 35-52.
- Hampwaye, G. and C. Rogerson 2010. "Economic Restructuring in the Zambian Copperbelt: Local Responses in Ndola". Urban Forum 21(4): 387-403.
- Thornton, A., E. Nel, and G. Hampwaye 2010. "Cultivating Kaunda's plan for self-sufficiency: Is urban Agriculture finally beginning to receive support in Zambia?". Development Southern Africa 27(4): 613-625.
- Carmody, P. and G. Hampwaye 2010. "Inclusive or Exclusive Globalization? Zambia's Economy and Asian Investment". Africa Today 56(3): 84-102.
Miller, D., E. Nel, and G. Hampwaye 2009. "Malls in Zambia- Racialised retail expansion and South African foreign investors in Zambia". African Sociological Review 12(1): 35-54.
Hampwaye, G. 2008. "The Limits of Decentralisation in Urban Zambia". Urban Forum 19(4): 347-361.
Hampwaye, G. 2008. "Local Economic Development in the City of Lusaka, Zambia". Urban Forum 19(2): 187-204.
Hampwaye, G., E. Nel, and C.M. Rogerson 2007. "Urban Agriculture as a Local Initiative in Lusaka, Zambia, Environment and Planning C". Government and Policy 25(4): 553-572.
- Hampwaye, G. 2005. "Decentralisation and Public Service Provision In Zambia: Lusaka's New Solid Waste Management System". Africa Insight 35(4): 80-89.
Contribution to Book Chapters and Books
- Krangelund, P. and G. Hampwaye 2016: "The Confucius Institute at the University of Zambia: a new direction in the internalization of African higher education in Adriansen". In Higher Education and Capacity Building in Africa: The geography and power of knowledge under changing conditions. Eds. H.K. Adriansen, L.M. Madsen, and S. Jensen, London: Routledge, pp. 83-104.
- Hampwaye, G. and P. Kragelund 2013. "Trends in Sino-Zambia Relations". In China's Diplomacy in Eastern and Southern Africa. Ed. S. Adem, Surrey: ASHGATE, pp.27-39.
- Carmody, P., G. Hampwaye, and E. Sakala 2013. "China: Globalisation and the Rise of the State". In The Rise of the BRICS in Africa: The Geopolitics of South-South Relations. Ed. P. Carmody, London: Zed Books Limited, pp. 22-46.
- Hampwaye, G. and L. Mweemba 2012. "Zambia". In A Profile of Higher Education in Southern Africa Volume 2: National Perspectives. Eds. Wilson-Strydom and Fongwa, Johannesburg:SARUA, pp. 105-114.
- Carmody, P. and G. Hampwaye 2011. "The Asian Scramble for Investment and Markets: Evidence and Impact in Zambia". In The Scramble for Africa. Ed. P. Carmody, Cambridge: Polity Press, pp. 158-175.
- Hampwaye, G. and W.S. Nchito 2012. "State of the World's Cities: The Prosperity of the City of Lusaka, Nairobi: UNHABITAT.