||April 2018 - Present Associate Researcher, Institute of Development Policy (IOB), University of Antwerp (Belgium)
January 2016 - Present Senior Lecturer, Department of Planning and Governance, Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, Mbarara University of Science & Technology
March 2010 - Present Visiting Lecturer, Department of Peace and Development, School of Social Sciences, Linnaeus University (Sweden)
April 2007 - December 2015 Lecturer, Department of Development Studies, Faculty of Development Studies, Mbarara University of Science & Technology
January 2002 - December 2006 Research Assistant, Makerere University
【Recent Major Works】
- Cin, Melis, Rahime Süleymanoğlu-Kürüm, Ashley Gunter, Lorna Chrisie, Necmettin Doğan, Mehmet Melih Cin, Craig Walker, Tominke Christine Olaniyan, and Frank Ahimbisibwe (Forthcoming). "Co-Producing through Participatory Arts: A Critical Engagement". Field Methods.
- Matt Baillie, Bianca Fadel, Frank Ahimbisibwe, and Robert Turyamureeba (Forthcoming). "Refugee Volunteering and Responses to Displacement in Uganda: Navigating Service-Delivery, Work and Precarity". Journal of Humanitarian Affairs.
- Nkiko, Cedric, Frank Ahimbisibwe, Arek Dakessian, and Hudson Agaba (Forthcoming). "Does Work Offer Means or Foundation for Integration? Employment and Entrepreneurship Opportunities for Refugee and Host Youth Integration in Uganda". Journal of Refugee Studies.
- Melis, Cin Firdevs, Craig Walker, Ashley Gunter, Necmettin Dogan, Frank Ahimbisibwe, and Tominke Christine Olaniyan (Forthcoming). "Political Engagement and Epistemic Resistance: Participatory Arts as a Space for Engagement for Local and Refugee Youths". Journal of Youth Studies.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank 2022. "Beyond the Cessation Clause: Rwandan Refugees in Uganda-From Refugees to East African Citizens?" ASC-TUFS Working Papers 2: 103-127.
- Twinamasiko, Specioza, R. Turyamureeba, and F. Ahimbisibwe 2021. "No Sources of Fuelwood, All Vegetation Cover is Done! Women Livelihoods and Oil-Induced Displacement in Albertine Graben, Uganda". Journal of Internal Displacement 11(2): 6-27.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank 2021. "Rwandan Refugee Rights in Uganda: Between Law and Practice-Views from Below", Indian Society of International Law (ISIL) Year Book of International Humanitarian & Refugee Law XX-XXI 2020-2021: 281-310.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank 2021. "Rwandan Refugee Physical (In) Security in Uganda: Views from Below", Journal of Politics and Law 14(1): 50-72.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank and Milena Belloni 2020. "The 2006 Refugees Act in Uganda: Analyzing the Gap Between Law and Practice". Afriche e Orienti 1/2020: 9-28.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank 2020. "The 2006 Refugees Act at 15 in Uganda: An Appraisal", Indian Society of International Law (ISIL) Year Book of International Humanitarian & Refugee Law XVIII-XIX 2018-19: 220-251.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank 2020. "'Voluntary' Repatriation of Rwandan Refugees in Uganda: An Analysis of Law and Practice". In M. Yonekawa and A. Sugiki (eds), Repatriation, Insecurity & Peace: A Case Study of Rwandan Refugees. Singapore: Springer: 1-20.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank, B. Ingelaere, and S. Vancluysen 2019. "Rwandan Refugees and the Cessation Clause: The Possibilities for Local Integration in Uganda". In S. Geenen, A. Nyenyezi Bisoka, and A. Ansoms (eds.), Conjonctures de L'Afrique Centrale No. 93. Cahiers Africains, Paris, Royal Museum for Central Africa & L'Harmattan: 411-433.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank 2019. "Uganda and the Refugee Problem: Challenges and Opportunities". African Journal of Political Science and International Relations 13(5): 62-72.
- Ahimbisibwe, Frank 2019. "The Politics of Repatriation: Rwandan Refugees in Uganda, 2003-2017". International Relations and Diplomacy 7(12): 573-591.
- Twinamasiko, Specioza, Frank Ahimbisibwe, and Charles Muchunguzi 2019. "Oil-Induced Land Compensation Dispossession and Women's Experiences in Albertine Graben, Uganda". East African Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities 3(2): 1-20.