How to apply
Qualifications for applying and quotasEight students from the Master’s Programs (both in Global Studies and in Japan studies) of the Graduate School of Global Studies at TUFS
Selection methodAt the beginning of the fiscal year (April to May), candidates are selected through screening by documents and interviews; admission is jointly decided by the Consortium Board.
- Interest and motivation in the concept of “History of the public sphere”
- High level of proficiency in English
TOEFL iBT：88, IELTS Academic：6.5, Pearson Test of English (Academic)： 59, Cambridge English Qualifications: C1 Advanced – Grade B, C2 Proficiency – Grade C
- Tuition fee for the program is covered by Tokyo University of Foreign Studies (the actual cost burden is only the tuition fee for Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Airfare, accommodation, living expense, etc.: uncovered expenses (otherwise, you can apply for the following scholarship)
ScholarshipStudents who meet eligibility requirements have priority to receive a scholarship from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO).
- A person who has Japanese nationality or has been granted permanent residence in Japan (including special permanent residents)
- A person whose Grade Point Average (GPA) in the previous fiscal year (FY) was 2.30 or higher
- Those who are acknowledged as having difficulty in participating in the program at their own expense, due to financial reasons
- 70000 – 100000 yen, depending on the place of study
- Students who meet high qualifications (TOEFL iBT: 100, IELTS: 7.0, GPA: 2.7 or higher, etc.) are encouraged to apply for “Graduate Scholarship for Degree Seeking Students” which is more subsidized by JASSO
Note: These conditions are subject to change.