Essential Guide for Studying “History in the Public Sphere”
UniFi & NOVA Open Zoom Seminar
- “Representation of History in Urban Landscape in Lisbon and Florence”
Prof. Pedro Aires Oliveira (NOVA University Lisbon) Prof. Pedro Cardim (NOVA University Lisbon) Dr. Chiara Renzo (University of Florence)
HIPS Lecture Series
- Prof. Akihisa Kawata (Chiba Institute of Technology, Professor) “War Painting in Japan 1937-1945” Dubbed by Daniel Friedrich (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Lecturer)
- Prof. Eriko Kogo (Meisei University)”Visual Image of War in Modern Japan, Media of Desire, Bloody Bodies”
- Prof. Timon Screech (SOAS, London University)”Ceremonies of Light at Nikko”
TUFS-CEU Joint Lecture（2020/6/17）
- What is the HIPS program?
→Click here for details
Taku Shinohara Balázs Trencsényi Noemi Anna Kovacs Matthias Riedl 0:00～3:53 3:54～11:58 12:31～35:20 36:54～1:04:15 Institute of Global Studies/ Professor Research fields: History of Europe and America Professor, Department of History Research fields: Modern Southeastern European History Profile European Cooperation Projects Officer responsible for Erasmus+ higher education projects Head of Department of History Research fields: Early Modern History of Political Thought, Religious History and Studies Profile
- What is the Public History?
→Click here for details
István Rév László Kontler Q&A Closing Remarks 0:00～30:59 32:00～1:08:23 1:08:45～1:23:26 1:23:54～1:29:38 Professor, Department of History Research fields: History of the Cold War, Intellectual History Profile Professor, Department of History（Director of Doctoral Program） Research fields: Early Modern History Profile
Useful links for Online Learning
- With MOOC, you can experience liberal arts classes in English on topics related to HIPS for free. https://www.edx.org/
- Open lectures and symposiums from Central European University https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7D212D795BFCDC1
Books, Papers, etc.
- 【Exclusive to students of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies】You can access the university library’s online database by connecting to the campus LAN or by using the VPN service from outside the university.
- Online Research Resources (Databases) http://www.tufs.ac.jp/library/guide/list/online.html
Academic Institutions Web Links
- International Federation for Public History https://ifph.hypotheses.org/
- Society for the Study of Public History https://public-history9.webnode.jp/
- National Council on Public History (NCPH) https://ncph.org/
- Associazione Italiana di Public History https://aiph.hypotheses.org/
English Language Tests Web Links
- IELTS https://ieltsjp.com/
- TOEFL https://www.toefl-ibt.jp/index.html
- Cambridge English https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/jp/exams-and-tests/
- PTE（Pearson） https://pearsonpte.com/japane
Useful Links for English Learning
- TUFS English Learning Center (ELC) https://mdle.tufs.ac.jp/elc/