Scholarship for Exchange Students
October, 2023 Updated
The Ministry of Education of Japan supports the Japan Students Service Organization (JASSO) Scholarship Program, which some international exchange students coming to TUFS receive each year. Students applying to either of our exchange programs are therefore asked to submit Application for the JASSO scholarship with their other application documents to TUFS. Basic information regarding the program is provided below.
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarship Program
Students must satisfy following conditions.
- Students from all countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan.（Students from Taiwan and Palestine are acceptable.）
- Students accepted by Japanese school under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement with their home school.
- Students not having the financial means to study in Japan.
- Students eligible for "Student Visa". （For study in Japan for 90 days or less, Japanese school will arrange the status of residence.）
- Students, upon termination of the period of study in Japan, will complete their studies at their home school.
- Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home school.
- Students receiving more than 80,000 JPY per month in total from other scholarships for study in Japan are ineligible for this scholarship.
When students are selected as a scholarship recipient, they must submit all required documents to TUFS during their exchange program and when they finish their program.
Students must send their transcript to TUFS when they transfer the credits obtained at TUFS to their home university after they finish the exchange program. If there are incomplete or missing procedures or documents, students may be required to return the money to JASSO.
- 80,000 JPY per month, for a duration of 3 months up to a maximum of 1 year.
Please refer to the JASSO web site for more information: