1. What to bring
Documents to be downloaded by you:
- Pre-vaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 vaccine
- Record of Vaccination for COVID-19 *Only issued to those who have not received their vaccination voucher at the time of vaccination.
- Instructions for the COVID-19 vaccination (Takeda/Moderna)
- Instructions for after you have received the COVID-19 vaccination (Takeda/Moderna) (Japanese only)
Pleas download, print, fill out the above documents as necessary, and bring with you on the day of vaccination.
Documents to bring with you on the day of vaccination:
- Pre-vaccination Screening Questionnaire (see above)
Please fill in the required notes within the thick box.
Don’t seal anything on the top right corner.
The English version of the Pre-vaccination Screening Questionnaire is available here.
However, one may not submit the English version. Please refer to this English version to answer and submit the Japanese version.
- Record of Vaccination for COVID-19
It’s a sticker but don’t unseal it. Bring it as it is.
It is the same sticker for all the doses so do not lose it.
This will also serve you as proof of your vaccination.
- TUFS student, faculty, or staff ID card. Part-time individuals may bring other forms of identification.
2. Things to note on the day you get vaccinated
- Vaccinations will be carried out the Tokyo Tech University Campus, the Kuramae Kaikan. Station: Tokyu Oimachi Line, Meguro Line "Ookayama Station"
* Please be sure to check the email sent from Tokyo Tech.
- It will take about 30-40 minutes for you to get vaccinated. Doctors in charge are from the Tokyo Medical and Dental University.
- You will need the vaccination voucher issued to you by your municipality to get vaccinated. Please bring the voucher with you.
- You can still get vaccinated even if you have not yet received your voucher, but please bring it with you when you get the second dose. If you still do not have the voucher by the time you get the second dose, you will need to send it to TUFS afterwards.
- You can get the vaccine even if you have not gotten the ticket yet. Please bring it with you when you get the second dose. If you still do not have the ticket by the time you get the second dose, you will need to send it to TUFS afterwards.
- You will be inoculated on your shoulder. Please dress accordingly.
- Some people get a fever after being vaccinated. Please bring your own medication.
- If you feel unwell on the day, you are not permitted to be vaccinated. You can cancel your reservation up to two hours before the booked time by accessing the booking system via the link shown in the booking confirmation email. If you need to cancel at less than two hours’ notice, please contact TUFS COVID-19 Task Force (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will get the vaccine on your shoulder. Come with clothes that allow you to easily show your
- 【Important】Vaccination – Precautions on the day of the vaccination
3. Vaccine related information
For FAQ you can check the webpage below.
About the Moderna vaccine
The vaccine used will be the moderna one. You can check information on side effects and other things of concern through the following websites.
- Covid Vaccine guide
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan’s website https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/vaccine_moderna.html"Characteristics", "Number and interval of vaccination", "Effectiveness", "Safety", "People who cannot receive the vaccine and those who need attention", "Notes on the day of vaccination", "After receiving vaccination" "Notes" etc. are posted.
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency https://www.pmda.go.jp/RMP/www/400256/27928fae-f416-400e-8fcd-dcb16c0b0aa0/400256_631341EA1020_02_001RMPm.pdfDetails for those getting the vaccine will ve applied.
- About the blood thinning medicine mentioned in the preliminary form https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000738780.pdf
4. Precautions after getting the vaccine
5. Contact for Vaccine Concerns
Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Covid Vaccine Call center
Telephone: 0120-761770 (Free dial)
Operating times: See below ( available on weekends and holidays too)
Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish 9:00 to 21:00
Thai 9:00 to 18:00
Vietnamese: 10:00 to 19:00 PM
6. Contact for questions regarding COVID-19 vaccinations at TUFS
TUFS COVID-19 Task Force