Regarding the course registration for AY2023 Fall Quarter Courses
August 30, 2023
Dear Undergraduate Students,
This is an announcement regarding the course registration for the Fall Quarter courses in AY2023. Please refer to the attached document when registering.
[Period for lottery registration]
from 10:00 a.m., Monday, September 11 to 4:59 p.m., Thursday, September 14
1st lottery result announcement: 10:00 a.m., Friday, September 15
from 12:00 p.m., Friday, September 15 to 4:59 p.m., Thursday, September 21
* Students who were rejected from the 1st lottery are eligible to enter the 2nd lottery.
2nd lottery result announcement: 10:00 a.m., Friday, September 22
* These lotteries are held for the students of the School of Language and Culture Studies and the School of International and Area Studies.
GLIP English Language Courses:
Lottery registration: from 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, September 20 to 4:59 p.m., Thursday, September 21
Lottery result announcement: 10:00 a.m., Friday, September 22
1) Foreign Languages Courses:
from 10:00 a.m., Monday, September 25 to 2:59 p.m., Tuesday, September 26
2) All courses:
from 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, September 27 to 4:59 p.m., Friday, October 6
[Registration amendment period]
from 10:00 a.m., Monday, October 9 to 4:59 p.m., Friday, October 13
[Registration withdrawal period]
from 10:00 a.m., Monday, October 23 to 4:59 p.m., Tuesday, October 24
* Since there is a limit on the number of students accepted to each Foreign Languages Course, pay special attention to the course registration period mentioned in “1) Foreign Languages Courses” above. For details, make sure to check the link below.
* You may experience difficulty accessing the network since many students try to log in at the same time when registration starts. Please log in to the Academic Affairs System about 15 minutes earlier than the registration start time to avoid possible jams. Please also refrain from repeatedly reloading when updating the web page since that may make access to the network difficult as well.
* The [lottery registration] will be held for the Basic Seminar and for part of the GLIP English Language Courses. In addition, when you register for courses which require lottery registration, be sure to set your browser to allow pop-ups. If the "pop-up blocker" is enabled in the settings of your browser, the separate window to search for the timetable will not be displayed.
* After the deadline of the registration period, you will not be able to continue registration even if you are connected to the registration screen. Allow enough time for registration, and make sure to complete each registration well before the deadline of the registration period.
* In order to prevent any omissions or mistakes in registration, print out the “Class registration form” after completing all registrations, and be sure to reconfirm the registered contents.
*If you plan to be readmitted on October 1st, and if you are being readmitted after the termination of your leave of absence period, you are eligible to register for the lotteries and courses. However, if you plan to be readmitted in the middle of the leave of absence period (e.g., if you have decided to shorten your leave of absence period from one year to half a year), you are required to submit a “Request for readmission” to the Educational Affairs Division. If you are unable to submit the form by Thursday, August 31, contact the Educational Affairs Division at
Regarding the course registration for the Fall Quarter, AY2023
Regarding the course registration for GLIP English Language Courses in the Fall Quarter, AY2023
Regarding the course registration for Foreign Languages Courses in the Fall Quarter, AY2023